St Clare’s Primary School
As a Catholic school, St Clare’s Primary School gives priority to the enrolment of children from Catholic families. Students from other faith traditions whose families demonstrate that they share the expressed values of the school and who are willing to support and contribute to the school’s vision and mission are also eligible for enrolment.
This Enrolment Policy provides direction and assistance to St Clare’s Primary School so that the school can formulate just and equitable enrolment procedures.
At the time of enrolment, the school enters into a partnership with students and parents. For its part the school seeks to support and encourage students to become successful learners, confident and creative individuals and active and informed citizens who will contribute positively to their faith communities and to society.
1. Enrolment at St Clare’s Primary School is subject to an interview with a member of the school’s Leadership Team and to the availability of vacancies at the school.
2. Decisions regarding enrolment will take into account the number of vacancies, the needs of students and any exceptional circumstances.
3. St Clare’s Primary School welcomes the enrolment of children from families who share the expressed values of the school and who are willing to support and contribute to the school’s vision and mission.
4. Where the demand for enrolment places exceeds capacity, the priority order for enrolment is as follows:
· students whose families are active in their local Catholic parish
· students who are baptised Catholics
· students from families with links to the Catholic tradition
· students of other faith traditions whose families demonstrate that they share the expressed values of the school and who are willing to support and contribute to the school’s vision and mission
5. The enrolment of students who may require special provisions for their educational placement will be considered in accordance with Brisbane Catholic Education’s Enrolment Application and Support Procedures for Students Requiring Significant Educational Adjustments. This enrolment application support process will gauge the level of support that is required and the school’s capacity to provide this support.
6. The final decision regarding offers of enrolment is at the discretion of the Principal.
7. This policy will be reviewed at regular intervals, as required.
Policy Published 25th February 2016