St Clare’s Primary School
At St Clare’s School the purpose for homework is to:
encourage opportunities for the students to review and reinforce learning that is initiated in the classroom;
develop self-discipline and effective study habits;
and provide parents/caregivers with an opportunity to be directly involved in their child’s education.
At St Clare’s we believe that homework should not cause family stress or jeopardize the right of children to enjoy a balanced lifestyle. Our approach supports the importance of family time, relaxation and play, and acknowledges the varied outside of school hours activities in which the students participate.
Amount of time that you may expect your child to spend on homework
Homework is likely to consist of the following activities
10 mins per day
· Reading to/with/by parents or caregivers.
Years 1 & 2
15 mins per day
· Preparations for oral presentations e.g. Show & Tell.
· May include revision or reinforcement of work covered in class.
Year 3 & 4
20 mins per day
Years 5 & 6
30 mins per day
· Independent daily reading.
· Preparations for oral presentations.
Policy Updated April 2020